An Amazing Place !
We hire out our site for all kinds of events. We have the following spaces for hire:
- Craft workshop - we have a heated craft room perfect for clay, stained glass and craft activities that don’t require a very clean environment
- Large education space - there is a heated lecture space which can seat 100 - 50.
- The Cafe - when the museum is shut we hire out the cafe. This is a heated space that seats 40 informally round cafe tables.
- Huge exhibition area - in the summer we can hire out our big exhibition area (this can be easily combined with the lecture area)
- The whole site - It is possible to hire the whole site when the museum is closed to the public. Examples of activities that have happened to date include:
- Away day and team building events - volunteering with us for a day, learning new skills or crafts
- Training dogs to detect drugs and explosives
- Paranormal investigations
- Antiques and craft fairs
- Film and Audio - The unusual location and industrial feel of the site makes an unusual location for production companies. To date we have feature on Flog It and the Antiques Road Trip, used as a film set for BBC South programme on WW2 and several programmes needing a gritty/industrial backdrop.
Please get in touch via the Contact Us form to talk to us about your needs.