An Amazing Place !
Our large site and buildings complex can provide a venue for all kinds of events and functions. We currently hire the site to:
- Film crews - we are popular for creating gloomy, gritty back drops for period or crime dramas/interpretations. Our old brick lined corridors, kilns and rooms have featured in quite a number of films! We have also featured as a museum on Antiques Road Trip and Saturday Kitchen.
- Paranormal investigations - A company called Dark Encounters run our paranormal investigations for us. If you contact us via the contact us page we will forward your request to them.
- Weddings - we have a separate company who run our wedding events for us. Please get in touch and we will forward details.
- Dog training, Search and Rescue - at the moment we have four separate groups who regularly use the site for training.
Spaces we have to hire out:
- Craft workshop - we have a heated craft room perfect for clay and craft activities that don’t require a very clean environment
- Large education space - there is a heated lecture space which can seat 100 (approx. 8m x 10m)
- The Cafe - This is a heated space that seats 40 informally round cafe tables but only available when the museum is closed.
- Huge exhibition area - in the summer we can hire out our big exhibition area which includes the education space and coffee/tea facility (approx. 16m x 30m)
- The whole site - It is possible to hire the whole site when the museum is closed to the public.
Please get in touch via the Contact Us form to talk to us about your needs.